Moving Calendar Events: Missing Custom Fields

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving Calendar Events: Missing Custom Fields

Is this normal? Why does this happen? What can be done?

When I move an event from a Pre-Posting Calendar to the public Events Calendar, the custom field values dissappear.

Calendars at www.huntsvillecarscene.com. Pre-posting hidden to all but admin usergroup.
    Huntsville's Premiere Car and Bike e-magazine: www.huntsvillecarscene.com

Hello,

The custom fields are per calendar, so that means it is correct to lose them when you move an event from one calendar to another.

As per admin help in the admin control panel >

Until you have saved your calendar settings for the first time, you will be unable to add custom fields. Once you have saved it, you will be able to add and then edit custom fields. (see Adding/Editing Custom Calendar Fields)

(which leads to

This allows you to add or edit a custom field that will be displayed when someone is entering a new calendar event for the calendar you are adding the field to. Keep in mind that if you need the same field in multiple calendars you will need to manually duplicate it in them.

Comment

That's what I was thinking when I saw the different ID numbers for the fields between calendars. Any way this will ever change?

And what happens to the custom field information when an event is moved from one custom calendar to the next? Some times it seems like the information is discarded, but other times it was simply not displayed until the event was edited and saved again (the information in the custom fields was present when editing). Can you clarify what is going on? I don't want to have my database cluttered with dead custom field info from moving events around.

Comment

Unfortunatly I do not know enough about the calendar system to understand how it is coded. I'll poke Freddie and see if he can comment.

Comment

I ran across this issue again today and am still wondering about the dead custom field info in other calendars.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X