Missing custom profile fields

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missing custom profile fields

I had created a couple of custom profile fields. Now, when I go into the Profile Field manager, I don't see any of them. What happened? They're still "in effect" for a user's profile (as well as for new users).

Are you sure they were custom profile fields or added rows to the table?

Comment

No, I added them via the custom fields link in the Admin CP.

Comment

Is your MySQL database mirrored?

Comment

Yes, live update.

Comment

Please phpmyadmin into your mysql database used by vbulletin and check if they are actually showing in the database table.

Comment

table name pleez? (There are so many - heh)

Comment

I was just noticing the same thing here too.. I added a couple user profile fields when I first created my forums (started with 3.0.3), and they work fine as far as users are concerned. But I went to add another one the other day and noticed that the ones I added before are no longer listed in the admincp under User Profile Field Manager.

They are still available in user profiles, just not showing up in the admin CP any longer. They, the custom fields, are showing up in the table 'vb3_profilefield'.

I don't have any custom hacks installed either.
                grbear
                Last edited by grbear; Fri 17 Dec '04, 9:35pm.

Comment

Ok - Think I figured this one out.. I did a view source on the frame and vB is spitting out the code to show the fields in the admin cp, however, Firefox 1.0 isn't rendering it!

I don't know who to blame on this one. *laughs* My secondardy browser, Safari (Mac OSX) renders the page fine and the fields show up.

Comment

I have heard of FireFox for Mac problems with vB's Admin CP.
                    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by grbear
                      Ok - Think I figured this one out.. I did a view source on the frame and vB is spitting out the code to show the fields in the admin cp, however, Firefox 1.0 isn't rendering it!

I don't know who to blame on this one. *laughs* My secondardy browser, Safari (Mac OSX) renders the page fine and the fields show up.
                      [Smacking head] I've been fighting this for over an hour using Windows version of FFox 1.0.2, so it's not just the Mac versions. Finally had to throws a bunch of dummy $post[fieldX] commands into my postbits to show all the fields to figure out which has what number.

But now I've found this thread and tried it in MSIE and all is there to see.

Sigh...
                      Doug Wilson
                      Administrator, Timeshare Users Group bbs

Comment

Any chance you are running adblock?

Comment

im having the same problem except like, 2 of my custom user field options are coming up but like gender and first name arent. any ideas?
                          When I was going up the stairs, I met a man who wasn't there. He wasnt there again today. I wish, I wish he'd go away.
                          -------------------------
                          www.azsportbikes.org/forums

Comment

ok nm it was a pretty dumb mistake, got it figured out.
                            When I was going up the stairs, I met a man who wasn't there. He wasnt there again today. I wish, I wish he'd go away.
                            -------------------------
                            www.azsportbikes.org/forums

Comment