User Reputation Dots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• User Reputation Dots

How do I change it so that when 1 of my members get 30 rep points it adds a new dot to his rep level

This requires modifying the code. You can try asking for help with this over at vbulletin.org.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Something similar to this?

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=60457

Comment

In includes/functions_reputation.php, find:

PHP Code:
        $reputationbars intval($reputation_value 100); // award 1 reputation bar for every 100 points 
        It has a direct relationship with how many dots will appear on your reputation area. If you decrease the "100" to "30", for example, for every 30 points of reputation will give you a dot (reputation_pos.gif or reputation_neg.gif).

[]s, MM

Comment

My includes/functions_reputation.php did not have that string.

I have the same question... I updated my usercp reputation manager area and changed the levels to a non-linear scale (1,10, 25, 50, 100, 200, 400, etc.) and I was hoping to see a greendot appear with each level that was increased by a user.
          1=1 dot
          10=2 dots
          25=3 dots
          50-4 dots
          and so on.

But what I am seeing is that even though a member has increased to where their minimum reputation level is 80, they only have 1 dot. When they get over 100 they finally get 2 dots.

Shouldn't the levels set in the admin reputation manager's area corrospond to the number of green dots?

Comment

No... thats not how the system works.

For each 1 green dot, you have 100 points
            For each 1 bright green dot, you have 200 points
            For each 1 red dot, you have -100 points
            For each 2 dark red dot, you have -200 points

and there is a cap at 11 dots either way.

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply.

I did find a mod on vbulletin.org that does just what we wanted it to do.

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showt...highlight=gems

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X