Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Contact US - does not send email

I have the newest version of vBulletin.

When a visitor sends a message through 'Contact Us' I get their name, message, but not their email, which makes for me impossible to respond.

When a registerred member uses 'Contact Us' I get no email, too.

How can I make their emails appear in the notifications sent to administartor?

Thank you for any suggestion.

Andre
    Last edited by Anadrot; Sat 11th Dec '04, 4:27pm.

This works on my forums. Have you installed any hacks (including portals) or added any code to the footer, headinclude, head
    er or phpinclude templates? Did you make any changes to the templates?
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Thank you for your quick reply.

I have not installed any portals. Initially, I have put everything in a specific width table, which means I added a code in the header (top) and footer (bottom). However, later I reversed it back to the default settings and instead I used the vBulletin choice of setting table width.
      I use a new style made out of default style where I changed colors, fonts, etc.

I didn't do anything to templates, at least as far as I am aware.

I don't now if that can be of any help, but in case my URL is www.goldenwyvern.com/forums

Just to test, I have switched the forum to the default settings and sent a message through 'Contact Us'. Unfortunately, the email wasn't there again.

Andre

Comment

You do realize the the person using this need to enter their own name and email address, right? I sent you one right now. It should have a 'from' address of 'vbtest@test.com'.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Yes, I entered both, name and email address. I got your message, but no email included.
          Here's a copy of it:

"The following message was sent to you via the The Golden Wyvern Forum Contact Us form by vBTest.

--------------------------------

testing

--------------------------------

Referring Page: index.php
          IP Address:
          User Name: Unregistered
          User ID: 0
          Last edited by Zachery; Sat 11th Dec '04, 5:43pm. Reason: removed steves ip ^^

Comment

Did you look at the 'From' field in the headers? I see an email address when I click on that field when using my test forum.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Yes, it's always non-useable. It adds the name of inquirer in front of '@The Golden Wyvern Forums.' An example:

John Brown@The Golden Wyvern Forums

Oops..., I just found that everything works fine!!!
              When I checked the 'Properties' of that name it had the right email address in it.

Thank you for your patience - it made me see the obvious.

Andre

Comment

Working...
              X