[split]Installation Step 2 error!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [split]Installation Step 2 error!

I am having identical problem (same error message).
    Here's my setup: Windows 2000 server on a box I own. Accessing box via RDP and installing stuff directly (no FTP). Installed MySQL 4.1.7 and PHP 4.3.9 using the windows installers.
    Since I am no good at this stuff, I started at ground zero and read the vBulletin 3 Manual.

Using the process described here:
    http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/main/create_database

I created a db and gave it a user/pass (the only difference is that I accessed the MySQL command line client through the start menu). I then put the new database name and user/pass in the config.php.

When I installed PHP it popped a windows at the end of the install telling me "NT users may need to set appropriate permissions for the various PHP files and directories". I think I have done that properly...

Is there a way to test that the DB name and user/pass are correct? Like a command line utility or something? I am pretty darn sure I have it right.

Try downgrading to mysql 4.0.22 or 4.0.20.

MySQL 4.1.7 has some bugs that will cause vBulletin to not be able to run properly and there are a few configuration issues which would need to be sorted to run php with MySQL 4.1.7

Comment

Thanks for the split. I didn't want to be repetetive and get the wrath of the search nazi's

Wow, the older version of MySQL (I downloaded 4.0.22) takes WAY more reading and work to setup. The newest downloads have a full wizard based setup utility that makes it easy for n00bs like me.

The good news is that you were right and now it appears to be working.
      I appreciate the help!

...now on to mastering the EZboard import util

Comment

There isnt an EZBoard importer, you need to request an ezboard import in the members area

Comment

Yes, I just realized that based on this thread:
          http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23583

...submitting my request in the members area now.

Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
          X