Secondary group frustrations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Secondary group frustrations

I have spent a lot of time searching on this but it appears there is no solution. Subscribed members are added to a secondary group, I would like it if that groups markup (name color) to display.

The only two ways this appears possible is to set "Can override primary group title/markup" to yes and let them choose to change it on their own or set them to join a primary group upon subscribing. I have a group with over 100 members in it as a secondary and I cannot change it to a primary, sort of a lose lose situation. From an admin perspecitve, there should be an option to force the change on users if you choose.

I have added a conditional to add an image under their avatar according to group but don't know what (or if any) conditional can be used to change the markup, is this possible? Or is there a query I can run that will force everyone to choose the markup in their user CP? Thanks for any help on this.

You are correct... under the current system users must choose to identify with a secondary group in their:

User CP -> Group Memberships

Making the transition automatic would require custom code. For help with this I recommend you post on www.vbulletin.org, the official vB hacking site.

Comment

I have searched high and low over there as well, I guess I will have to request it. Hopefully the developers team will read this, setting a secondary group to display it's markup is highly requested and limiting it as it is seems almost pointless, especially since you cannot redefine a group once it's been set. This defeats the purpose of secondary markup entirely IMO. Without modification I will have to individually assign each user one at a time to a primary group.

Bottom line, if I you want a secondary usergroup to show markup it is simply not possible unless the user chooses to show it and the admin has zero ability to push it out. Thanks for taking the time to answer this post, Jake. I know it's not your fault it's just frustrating lol.
      Last edited by ericgtr; Sat 11 Dec '04, 9:39am.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X