• Show
Clear All

• swampwoman
    replied
    thanks Steve, that is in place as well

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Just set 'Allow User to Keep Banned Email Addresses' to 'Yes' in the User Banning Options. From the description:

If you ban an email address and a user already uses that address, a problem will occur. Using this option, you can specify whether the user will have to enter a new email address in their profile when they next modify their email address, or whether the user can just keep the email address which you have banned.

Leave a comment:

• swampwoman
    replied
    Thanks so much Alfarin

I have one question about this thread please

http://i4net.tv/marticle/get.php?act...e&articleid=30

alot of the current users are utilizing free web mail for registering, if I turned this option on, would it affect all my current users too? Or would they be "grandfathered" in

Leave a comment:

• Andy Huang
    replied
    Here's my suggestion on how to treat buggers...

Leave a comment:

• swampwoman
    replied
    that's what I was afraid of.....

One of my other admins said something about Level 3 routing through the IP address, he has it at his employer, and the banned person's IP matched his work IP - a whois revealed Level 3 as the origination of the address, as it was explained to me

this poster/banned person reregisters, and the IP's come from Comcast in VA, Cox in Atlanta, AOL, the bellsouth.miami, its truly mind boggling the lengths one would go through to "harass" others, and apparantly the banning has "set their jaw" to pound away at the forum even harder. Oh well.....

thanks alot for the reply

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    What is 'Level 3' access? I'm afraid that if someone has enough email addresses and IP addresses to hide behind, there really isn't much you can do but be vigilant.

Leave a comment:

• swampwoman
    started a topic Banning someone using Level 3 all access

Banning someone using Level 3 all access

please help me - this person has registered many times daily since the initial banning 3 days ago - using a Level 3 access, bouncing around from different IP providers (although I know the base location is bellsouth.miami)

I turned on users awaiting approval validation so folks wouldn't automatically be able to register

I turned off Guests being able to view the forum and this person still is able to view

every IP I ban comes back with a new one, not to mention the myriad of e-mails one can amass

any help is appreciated

thanks
    Last edited by swampwoman; Fri 10 Dec '04, 6:57pm.
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X