Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Admin CP -> Users -> Search for Users -> Primary Usergroup -> Users Awaiting Email Confirmation

Leave a comment:

• CSS59
    replied
    Thanks, did the same and I love it!

Is there a way to see the list of members Users Awaiting Email Confirmation I am showing 24
    Last edited by JonelZ; Tue 14 Dec '04, 6:39pm.

Leave a comment:

• mwahl
    replied
    Thanks a million oldengine.

It's working great for me too, much better then what I had in mind. Although I changed it a bit, to this:
    <if condition="$bbuserinfo['usergroupid'] == 3">
    <br />
    <div align="left" style="color: red; background-color: white; border: 1px solid black; padding:3px"><h4>Your account is awaiting email confirmation.</h4> <b>Please click the activation link in the email you were sent, or visit <a href="register.php?$session[sessionurl]do=requestemail">this page</a> to resend the activation email. If you did not receive the email then it's possible it was blocked by your email client (anti-virus?). In this case you can either disable your blocker software or enter a new email address in <a href="profile.php?$session[sessionurl]do=editpassword">your profile</b></a>.</div>
    </if>
    The "h4" in there really makes it stick out beautifully.

What I don't get is; WHY does the management around here appear to not give a f... about their customers once they have paid and lets them dangle in mid air for several days. It doesn't mater how good vB is, being ignored like that is still rather degrading (pisses me off no end).

Leave a comment:

• oldengine
    replied
    Check this thread:

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=101595

It worked absolutely great!

Leave a comment:

• mwahl
    replied
    vB's "after sale service" is not terribly convincing.

Leave a comment:

• CSS59
    replied
    just get rid of Email verificationI have 20 members waiting verification

Leave a comment:

• mwahl
    replied
    Did I ask for too much?

Leave a comment:

• mwahl
    replied
    Yes, mail is working. I received it promptly when I registered myself under a different name.

Leave a comment:

• Sownman
    replied
    Are you certain people are getting the confirming email ? I found many were not, then none were as my host had turned off mail (). I've been manually completing every registration.

Steve

Leave a comment:

• mwahl
    replied
    thanks Steve,

I looked at the phrases, but the one above the button is not related to this topic and modifying it would be even more confusing. I need to ad an entirely new phrase or sentence in an area just above that button.

Edit: I had another look at the registration page; The last block above the “Complete registration” button is also about email, but in connection with some settings. Putting my new message at the bottom of that block would add to the confusion, instead of reducing it. There needs to be a separate block or box or different font, to drive home the need to verify their email address by responding to it BEFORE trying to post.

This is needed only for those types that are able to hammer away at keyboards all day without thinking even once.
    Last edited by mwahl; Fri 10 Dec '04, 11:10am.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    All language is in Phrases. Do a 'Search in Phrases' for the specific language you are looking for, then edit the appropriate Phrase.

Admin CP -> Languages & Phrases -> Search in Phrases

Note: To edit a phrase, place the new phrase in the available language text boxes.

Leave a comment:

• mwahl
    started a topic Need more registrations completed

Need more registrations completed

We are experiencing oodles of uncompleted registrations, almost as if “Email verification” was invented yesterday, which I suspect is giving my web site a bad name, because simpler minded people try to post in the forum immediately after clicking the “Complete registration” button, and when then confronted with this vBulletin error message:
    You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
    1. <LI class=smallfont>You are not logged in. Fill in the form at the bottom of this page and try again. <LI class=smallfont>You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
    2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
    1. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
    they can't understand it and promptly get pissed off and consequently never return, and of course also choose to ignoring the email they receive to complete the registration process.

Yes, all you coders and programmers, you ARE RIGHT: it's all spelled out properly in that message, but I am experiencing oodles of uncompleted registrations ANYWAY. I need to do SOMETHING about it.

To remedy that situation, I like to try placing a strong reference to the need of
    responding to the Email you will receive before THIS REGISTRATION is completed and BEFORE you can post in all forums
    or something to that effect, just above the button “Complete registration”.

Any instructions on how to get it in the right place would be greatly appreciated, especially of a non-programmer like me can understand it.

If the inventers of vBulletin could see fit to split those error messages into several smaller ones and present them as needed in each individual situation, that would be a lot less confusing to the public.
    Last edited by mwahl; Fri 10 Dec '04, 9:19am.
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X