CPU Usage and Apache failing issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CPU Usage and Apache failing issues

Over the last few weeks I am having problems with my board. Using 3.0.1. It is on a dedicated server and is the only thing being run on it. Linux OS.

What is happening is out of the blue the board will become non-repsonsive. I then can not even get onto my server because the CPU load is maxed out. When I finally can get on I see that Apache has failed. I look at my CPU usuage and see this

Top Process %CPU 99.9 /usr/sbin/mysqld --basedir/ --datadir/var/lib/mysql --usermysql --pid-file/var/lib/mysql/forum.myforums.com.pid --skip-locking

What could be causing this to keep maxing out my CPU? As I said...this has only been over the last few weeks.

How big are your log files?

Comment

If there a backup cron job that you have running which dumps everything?
      London Fixed-gear and Single-speed

Comment

Log file is about 65MB and I did not see any Cron jobs that dump everything.

I was reading somewhere about a util for Linux that shows in detail the processes in Apache at that moment. Called Top or something. I think this would help me find out why Apache keeps running the CPU?!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X