Multiple private forums

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multiple private forums

We're looking to set up multiple private forums that would be visible by certain users but invisible to most users. We want to set up the following:

Shareholder Forum
    Salespeople Forum
    Moderator Forum

Ideally we would like to set it up such that a user could have access to one or more of these forums. For instance, a user might be a shareholder and a moderator but not a salesperson. In that case he or she would just see (and be able to post in) the shareholder forum and the moderator forum. They would not be able to see the salespeople forum.

Also, it would be best if on our public forums these users don't necessarily show with special titles. For what I'm sure are obvious reasons we don't really want to identify publicly who are salespeople and shareholders are.

Is this possible with vB3? It seems as though it is but since it isn't all that straight-forward I couldn't find any documentation describing how to do this. Please let me know if we will be able to set our forums up in this fashion.

Thanks!

It sounds like secondary groups are for you. This thread explains the concept.

Let me know if you have any specific questions about the implementation.

Comment

Yup, that did the trick. Thanks Jake!

Comment

So, when are you going to start selling shares Mr Truthaddict?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X