Edit config.php question ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Edit config.php question ?

I am editting the vBulletin config.php file per instructions in the manual.

"To edit the config.php file, you will need to open the file in a text editor such as Windows® WordPad. (Note that we do not recommend that you use Windows® Notepad to edit config.php, as Notepad has problems displaying the line breaks in some file types.)"

I am attempting to "save" the file I editted values in WordPad, but it gives this warning as I try to save:

"You are trying to save the document in a Text-Only format, which will remove all formatting. Are you sure you want to do this ?"

My only options for saving that remain are : RTF (Rich Text Format), Text Document - MS-DOS- format, and Unicode Text Document.

Which do I choose to save the value changes in the file ?
    (I'll wait for word from you before I save... )

Save it as text and make sure word wrapping is turned off.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
      Save it as text and make sure word wrapping is turned off.
      Thanks, Steve !

I turned off all wrapping, and saved as Text-Only. (It still appears as WordPad in config folder when I open up - is that correct ? All values were saved though.)

Comment

I don't understand what you just asked, but the correct way to edit and save config.php is as text with word-wrapping off.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
          I don't understand what you just asked, but the correct way to edit and save config.php is as text with word-wrapping off.

It seems to have saved all the necessary values correctly. I saved as you instructed with word-wrapping off. I will now proceed to upload this "upload" folder to my web server.

Thanks again.

Comment

You upload this to your 'includes' directory. Make sure you upload the file in ASCII format.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X