Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shut Down Forums w/out Access to "vBulletin Options" (due to error)?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shut Down Forums w/out Access to "vBulletin Options" (due to error)?

Hello,

My server is out of space on one of its partitions (please see my latest posts here: http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=111532 ), so I need to temp. close down my forums until this is resolved. Unfortunately I can't access the area of the Control Panel that allows for closing them due to the database errors. Is there another way to close the forums down via FTP and modding a vB file?

Thanks so much in advance!

Kind Regards,

James

you can SSH over to the host and shut down your webserver (apache). Then you can increase your volume space, repair your tables, and restart the apache daemon.

Comment

You can shut down your forums by running these queries:

UPDATE datastore SET data=REPLACE(data,'"bbactive";s:1:"1"','"bbactive";s:1:"0"') WHERE title='options';

UPDATE setting SET value=0 WHERE varname='bbactive':
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
        You can shut down your forums by running these queries:

UPDATE datastore SET data=REPLACE(data,'"bbactive";s:1:"1"','"bbactive";s:1:"0"') WHERE title='options';

UPDATE setting SET value=0 WHERE varname='bbactive':
        I've made a small file that takes table prefix into consideration and has option to turn it on/off.

just put in forum/ dir and run it through browser, and remove when done.
        Attached Files

Comment

Thank you both greatly!

Regards,

James

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X