Default "Welcome Message"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Default "Welcome Message"

How do I change this default Welcome Message in the main Welcome Panel Box and change it to my own Customize Welcome Message:

Default Welcome Message:
    Welcome to Forum Title.
    If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the
    FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

All language is in Phrases. Do a 'Search in Phrases' for the specific language you are looking for, then edit the appropriate Phrase.

Admin CP -> Languages & Phrases -> Search in Phrases

Note: To edit a phrase, place the new phrase in the available language text boxes.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

umm...wz the KEY WORD to search for????

Comment

You can search on any phrase in the page you want to change. For instance:

If this is your first visit

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

do I understand this correctly?

I want to replace the whole welcome message with something like this:

If you have found your way here, you are already a subscriber to Garden Sense Online, and registered on this forum. As this is your first visit, you must login with your GSO username and password. If you check the "remember me" box, it won't be necessary to login to the forum in the future, unless your subscription lapses or you turn off cookies on your browser.

Once you have logged in, we encourage you to visit your user control panel ("user cp" in the upper most menu) where you can customize your profile with information about your gardening interests, designate a signature to be used automatically when you post to the forums, upload an avatar (a small image which accompanies all your posts) and see what new posts have been made to discussion threads you have subscribed to.

Changes to your subscription information (renewal, billing address, etc) are not made here in the forum, but at your subscription control panel.
          I have to search phrase by phrase, somehow, and replace the default message with the new one piecemeal? Is that right?

Comment

Okay. Then to edit this phrase, place the new phrase in the available language text boxes.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
              Okay. Then to edit this phrase, place the new phrase in the available language text boxes.
              wait. I'm confused. To edit which phrase?

Comment

See posts #2 and #4 for the method to find this phrase.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
                  See posts #2 and #4 for the method to find this phrase.
                  Steve, did you see post #5? Maybe I should pull it out and post the question separately, because #2 and #4 don't answer my question.

Comment

phrase: first_visit_message
                    is the welcome message guests see when the surf to the forum.

Admin Control Panel > Languages & Phrases > Search in Phrases:

Search for text: first_visit_message
                    Search in ..: select "Phrase Variable Name Only"
                    and press on the [find] button.

From the page that loads, pick the global phrase 'first_visit_message' which should be a standard phrase with the text you want to replace. Behind it, click on the [edit] button which will load yet another page.

On the page the top has the default text, now in the english translation group click on the button [copy default text] after which you can replace the text with your own text. Press [save] at the bottom of the page to apply the changes.
                    Last edited by Floris; Wed 29th Dec '04, 5:06pm.

Comment

Thanks, Floris.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X