Bandwidth Optimisation suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bandwidth Optimisation suggestions

Somewhere I saw some VB3 Bandwidth optimisations on this forum, but I have been unable to find the instructions via the search.

Yesterday I went from V2.3.5 to V3.0.3 and have been closely monitoring my bandwidth usage to ensure I do not go over our allocation.

Whilst the board has only been operational for 24 hours, I know it's early days, but member usage has not increased, however, I am getting very close to my predicted total alloaction for the month.

Any suggestions ?

Regards

Mark
    Webmaster - Mustang Owners Club of Great Britain

The absolute first thing you should do is turn on GZIP in the admincp... it will be the single biggest improvement you can make. You only need set it to 1 though, much beyond that is too processor intensive for only small gains.
    London Fixed-gear and Single-speed

Comment

Thanks, where exactly will I find the GZIP setting ?

Regards

Mark

Comment

Admin Control Panel > vBulletin options > vBulletin options > walk through all your options to see if there are settings you could turn on or off. Click on the (?) question mark icon behind the option to find out what it means.

Comment

Had a good lookthrough the options, and cannot find it anywhere.

I'll restate my question.

Where exactly is the GZIP function located ?

I have checked for over an hour on 2 days, and searched this forum's archives and all I can say is this. It is not obvious to me where it is located.

Thanks for your help.

Comment

Found it. Its in the Cookies and HTTP header Options !

Mark

Comment

Sorry for not replying so quickly, I had other things to attend to. But yes, it can be found there. If I can not find an option I load the whole page, press control+f and search for the unique string, like "gzip"

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X