Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• problem uploading avatars

I am trying to upload an avatar and I get this error:
    Warning: copy(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/var/tmp/phpXkV8Hn) is not within the allowed path(s): (/usr/home/mywebsite:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php:/tmp) in /usr/home/mywebsite/public_html/admincp/image.php on line 444

Any ideas? I run under Freebsd.

In the Admin CP, open the Server Settings and Optimization Options section and turn on the Public phpinfo() Display Enabled setting. Then provide the URL to your forums. This may help us troubleshoot this problem.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Sounds like the directory you're attempting to place the avatars into is not one you have access to by your site host.

Comment

Steve -- Open de server settings and optimization options --- I can not find that option, where is it? maybe here: mywebsite.com/admincp ??? I did not understand anything on your message, do you wanna see my phpinfo()?

Comment

Dennis, the directory where I wanna place my avatars into is ./images/avatars and I chmodded to 777

Comment

Yes, I need to see your phpinfo page. I thought I explained how to enable this in post #2. This is in the vBulletin Options.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Don't use the "."

Just "images/avatars"

Comment

He still has open_basedir restrictions and uploads need to go to an acceptable temporary directory first. This is why I need to look at phpinfo.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Gotcha.

Comment

Dennis, Im not using the "."
                    Steve, thanks for cheking my problem, I pm'ed you the phpinfo link

Comment

In the future, please don't PM me unless I ask. I handle hundreds of issues every day and it just makes it more difficult. If you need confidentiality, please use the support system.

You have open_basedir restrictions on your server. To get uploads to work you need to create a 'tmp' subdirectory under your main site directory and chmod it to 777. Then in the Admin CP set "Upload In Safe Mode?" to 'Yes' and point the "Safe Mode Temp Directory" to that directory. If you placed the tmp directory in the right place, the path to the Safe Mode Temp Directory will be:

/usr/home/vlad7x/tmp

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

my open basedir line goes like this:

open_base dir/usr/home/myhostacc:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php:/tmp no value

Comment

sorry for my pm, it wont happen again, im still a noob
                          Anyway it did work! thank you very much, what a great support! I just have a last question, is there any problem if my tmp folder is localed in the public html here /usr/home/vlad7x/public_html/tmp instead of outsite of the public /usr/home/vlad7x/tmp?
                          Thank you!

Comment

Generally it's better to keep this out of the web directories so I'd recommend using:

/usr/home/vlad7x/tmp

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
                              Generally it's better to keep this out of the web directories so I'd recommend using:

/usr/home/vlad7x/tmp
                              ok I have a folder now outside of the public html, but its called temp instead of tmp, I assume there is no problem with that, right?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X