No announcement yet.

Everything works great except admincp, can't 'manage forums' or 'add forums'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Everything works great except admincp, can't 'manage forums' or 'add forums'

Everything on both ends looks and acts fine, except in admincp when I go to try and 'add forum' or 'manage forums', the menubar on the left still stays there of course, but where all the output goes, to the MAIN frame, it's titled Email Manager for no matter which one I click on, and of course there is no information, the Jelsoft copyright notice is pretty much the first thing in that frame, of course it's not technically "blank", the frame looks just like all the other admin options frames except it's like there's no information and like I said, both go to the same page with Email Manager as the title.

This is the 3rd time I've installed it, as the first time when I tried to install the arcade I made some mistakes, then the 2nd time I tried to install photopost and made some mistakes. This is the 3rd time and everything should be working fine, although I did not install the arcade this time or really modify any files.

I am thinking perhaps file permissions but I'm not sure if something like that could cause this. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Chris

What do you mean by 'really modify' files? Have you reuploaded all the original vB files?
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I mean everything is original except the index.php file has an inclusion for the photo post thing, but the problem is with the admincp. I don't know if it's a file permission problem or something, but I wish that I could figure out the problem as everything else is working great. But I didn't do any other hacks or anything, so that's why I'm puzzled.

Comment

If your using firefox, try switching to IE. What you described sounds vaguely like a weird firefox bug I came across recently.
        Plan, Do, Check, Act!

Comment

Thanks, I do use IE though. The first time I installed vBulletin it worked fine, but after installing the arcade it messed it up a bit, so I got rid of everything and installed it again, and then the arcade again. It worked fine until I bought photopost too but photopost wouldn't work for some reason, so I started from scratch again and now photopost works fine except I haven't installed the arcade yet, but when I went to add forums for the 3rd time, I noticed the Add New Forum link and the Forum Manager links, although appear to point to the correct URL, do not bring you anywhere except a basically blank page as described above.

Any ideas anyone? It worked the first two times, but now I can't add the forums.

Thanks,
          -Chris

Comment

If you have not installed any hacks (which includes portals), fill out a support ticket at:

http://www.vbulletin.com/members/mem...ontactform.php

Be sure to include the login info to your Admin CP, phpMyAdmin and FTP. If you have installed hacks, then remove the hacks first then check and see if you still have this problem. If so, leave the default vB files in place and fill out the support request. Please also include a complete description of the problem.
            Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
            Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Problem fixed

Thanks. The person who is about to implement some custom hacks just fixed the problem before doing anything, although I don't know what he did or what caused it. Thanks much for the help.

-Chris

Comment