Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Install Step Zero

Hello,

I am having problems getting the php install script to run.

*I created a DB with MySql
    *I have the local host, user name and DB name entered.
    *I uploaded the files to ASO via FTP into the www directory

When I enter the install/install/php - I get a 404 error.
    Any suggestions for a moron?

Are you sure you uploaded them correctly and to the correct folder?

did you use install/install/php or install/install.php ?

Comment

Same problem

Hello i have the same problem.
      I tried to run the script and put al things that i have in the config.php file

http://www.saltvattensguiden1.se/for...ll/install.php

I just get a blank page.

Should I do some Attributes (CHMOD) on files or folders?

Comment

Originally posted by Zachery
        Are you sure you uploaded them correctly and to the correct folder?

did you use install/install/php or install/install.php ?
        Now, I have tried both

I used smart ftp to upload the install directory to cpanel into the www folder and it is showing it on the server. I changed the config.php.new to config.php

I created a database using the instructions provided by the installation directions which gave me - eosin_forums, user eosin_Eosin, and destination = localhost?

It looks like it should work to me but still nothing but a 404 error?

PS - thanks for taking the time to try and help.

Comment

You should ask your host to upgrade apache and php as well, you are running an insanely outdated and very buggy version

Comment

Hello First day on this forum and just order my vbulletin...

So straight to the point.

I follow the step very closely
            I go the latest mysql and php 4 stuff

i upload all my file and config config.php.new and save it as config.php
            so then i though everyone was good but when i run the the install/install.php along with the domain name. it just give me a blank page....

I even try to reupload the file again and do the same thing again and the result still the same...

So is there a way to fix this problem?

I also ask a very good computer science friend of mine and he try to help me and he told me that the manual for this install is tottally missing stuff to the installation.

So he told me to come here and ask you people at Vbulletin.

------------------------------------------
            *Note : one reason i think is that when i upload those file when it reach around 50-60 percent uploading it just seem like it finish uploading the file....
            but who know...

So can anyone fix this problem for me cause i just think i could have wasted 160 bux.... on a none working forum...

Comment

The white pages are due to one of these causes:

1. You did not upload the vB files correctly. Reupload the vB non-image files and make sure you upload these in ASCII format and that you overwrite the ones on the server. Make sure you upload the 3
              .0.3 Admin CP files to the admincp directory specified in your config.php file.

2. You have extra space or lines in your config.php file. Make sure there is no whitespace or extra lines in config.php either before the <?php or after the ?>.
              Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
              Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I'm also getting the dreaded blank install.php page on my local dev box.

Here's what I've done:

1) unzipped all files; moved files in /upload to /var/www/html/forums/.
                2) created database "forum" in MySQL; added user to mysql.db table
                3) set database variable values in includes/config.php. (Note: There are no spaces before or after the opening/closing php tags.)
                4) Restarted MySQL & Apache servers just to be sure. (Note: other php/mysql apps run fine using same host/username/password.)

My dedicated (i.e. 100% Linux, freshly installed) dev box is configured as follows:

Mandrake 10.1
                MySQL 4.0.20
                PHP 4.3.8
                Apache 2.0.50

I'm an experienced web developer and have built many php/mysql apps from ground up. This should be simple, but install.php doesn't perform as expected.

Please advise.

Thanks.

Comment

Honestly if what you say is true then I don't know of any other reasons for this problem. I'm exspreienced in this too and all the white pages I've ever seen are due to the itm,es I've mentioned. Haven't run into one yet that wasn't.

Fill out a support ticket at:

http://www.vbulletin.com/members/mem...ontactform.php

Be sure to include the login info to your Admin CP, phpMyAdmin and FTP. Please also include a complete description of the problem.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I believe you, but...

I re-downloaded the tar ball and re-installed the /upload files just to be sure. Same result. I'm logged in as root and all the files are owned by root.

I have VB in a directory off the web server root:

http://hanley.homedns.org/forums/install/install.php

I even tried using the database 'root' user. No luck. In fact, it doesn't appear to be a database related issue at all. Leaving the original config.php file in place (after renaming) still gets me a blank install.php page. Further still, deleting config.php all together makes no difference. No errors. No nothing. Just blankness.

Again, other PHP/MySQL apps on the same server work fine:

http://hanley.homedns.org/opt/suppliers.php

I'd prefer not to open my box up to solve this. Can you think of anything else?

Comment

Make a new file called phpinfo.php put the following text into it and uplaod it to your website, then post a link to it so we may view it
                      PHP Code:
                      <?php phpinfo(); ?>

Comment

It's already there:

http://hanley.homedns.org/info.php

Thanks for your help.

Comment

You are missing XML support, you need to recompile php with "--with-xml" to enable the bundeld xml support.

Comment

Good thinking Zach!

You also should upgrade to PHP 4.3.10 since your version of PHP has a serious security hole.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Originally posted by Zachery
                              You are missing XML support, you need to recompile php with "--with-xml" to enable the bundeld xml support.
                              ...or install the appropriate RPM. I'm up and running--thanks.

Shouldn't install.php report these kinds of dependencies instead of returning a blank page?

Comment