Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How does ability to give reputation work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How does ability to give reputation work?

Still trying to get the reputation system figured out...

Most users (with few posts) have an ability of zero, to give reputation. That seems to mean they can comment on a post, but that comment has zero effect. Is there a way to give all registered members at least a one, so they have some motivation for using the feature?

Meanwhile, ALL members' reputations seem to be 'on a distinguished road'. Is there a way for me as admin to list out actual reputation values? I can generate the list of all reputation comments, and see where people commented with a change of zero, but it "feels" like things are not quite set up right.

I've read the manual, but it only seems to be telling me how to set up the breakpoints for the change in title. I still haven't figured out how to make the feature actually work!

Most members have an ability to affect reputation of 0; the mods have an ability of 2; and the two admins have an ability of 10.

Reputation values and their comments are stored in the reputation table in the database. You can view this table and its records by using a program like phpmyadmin.

The point value of a reputation rating is stored in the reputation.reputation field. The comment is stored in the reputation.reason field.

Comment

Oh, and check your reputation settings in your:

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> User Reputation Options

Here you can set the various reputation power conditions.

Comment

Thanks, Jake!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X