Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Subscribed Threads" and other problems!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Subscribed Threads" and other problems!

On a board that I visit (vB 3.0.3) I have recently experienced problems with not having "Subscribed Threads" showing in my UserCP - my settings are okay and its only been this way for a couple of months.
    Over the last couple of weeks I have lost the ability to "donate" from the Reward Store", which also worked properly before.
    When Admin logs on as me it works fine for him, so appears to relate to my PC -and it only applies to certain boards ("Subscribed Threads" works here for example, but not on another board using vB 3.0.1).
    I have full security/anti-virus up-to-date and a router with firewall - I am using IE6 SP2 but have also tried with Firefox and get the same results. I wonder if there are any known problems or whether anyone has any other suggestions as to what might be the cause of these problems?

Are all these boards with the problems hacked? If so there is probably a problem with the way the owner added the modifications or within the modifications themselves.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
      Are all these boards with the problems hacked? If so there is probably a problem with the way the owner added the modifications or within the modifications themselves.
      The main one is definitely hacked but it doesn't explain why it only affects me from a member base of 10,500 - buy the way your post didn't get me a notification in the UserCP "Subscribed Threads" here!

Comment

Without direct access to the forums files and Admin CPs we really can't answer that question.

As for email notifications I undoubtedly get more of these than anyone on these forums. And I receive them all. There are reports that some ISPs and email clients are too aggressive in their anti-spam efforts and are tagging our license emails as spam. If you are not getting these emails, please check your spam folders.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
          Without direct access to the forums files and Admin CPs we really can't answer that question.
          I can appreciate that, just wondered if there was any pattern from other members as it's a weird problem.
          As for email notifications I undoubtedly get more of these than anyone on these forums. And I receive them all. There are reports that some ISPs and email clients are too aggressive in their anti-spam efforts and are tagging our license emails as spam. If you are not getting these emails, please check your spam folders.
          That's certainly possible with my ISP (though they seem to allow me to select what is and is not spam, just appending the usual {SPAM?} to the email), but I use Mailwasher Pro which allows me to decide what is spam and what is not from my end.
          Also non-receipt of emails due to spam filtering would not explain why this thread and responses to it are not showing here in the "Subscribed Threads" listing in my UserCP would it? I did not see your update when checking that, it just said "Their are no subscribed threads.." - which was not true - only when checking the forum itself did I find your post.

Comment

Originally posted by rjbsec
            Also non-receipt of emails due to spam filtering would not explain why this thread and responses to it are not showing here in the "Subscribed Threads" listing in my UserCP would it? I did not see your update when checking that, it just said "Their are no subscribed threads.." - which was not true - only when checking the forum itself did I find your post.
            Subscribe to this thread.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Subscribe to this thread.
              A) I thought the fact that I started the thread and/or contributed to it would automatically subscribe me to it.

B) Your last post did get me an email and entry in "Subscribed Threads" - I didn't do anything different, did you? If not why did it change?

Comment

1. This is a User CP option to automatically subscribe or not.

2. I changed nothing. I have no idea what happened.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

You did nothing, I did nothing - all part of the mystery of my experiences recently

Comment

Working...
                  X