Question about Demo sites

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about Demo sites

I currently have 4 VB Sites Licensed and I have a proposal out to develope one for a client. What I'd like to do is create a Demo site ( proof of concept ) and then when the proposal is accepted Roll that site over keeping the work that we did and puchase a new License for the Client. The issue comes down to, I know that the Source Code is Tied to my Customer # and License #. Now does one go about rolling over a Demo site ( built on one License ) to the New Site on the new License.

Now so that there is no Confusion here... I know how to move the site, I'm more interested in how to ensure that each site has the correct Customer and License Number associated with it.

SO this is a Licensing Issue rather than a Install Issue really ...

Thanks

Kevin

Just upload the files for the new license. The license number is in the files.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Steve,

I understand that that will do it, but it will also overwrite all of the custom work we do to the site durrign the proof of concept. It is exactly this that I'm trying to avoid. I do not want to have to redo all of the work we put in for the proposal site. Is there not another answer? I do now want to pay people to do the work twice if I don't have to ...

Kevin

Comment

You didn't mention anything about hacks. Yes, and changes you made to the vB files themselves will be overwritten. The chpoices are:

1. Redo all your hacks on the correct files for this license
        2. Edit the existing files to change the license number in all of them.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
          You didn't mention anything about hacks. Yes, and changes you made to the vB files themselves will be overwritten. The chpoices are:

1. Redo all your hacks on the correct files for this license
          2. Edit the existing files to change the license number in all of them.
          as to #2 is that all I need to do? That's easy .. a simple grep, awk, sed and I'm done... For some reason I thought the newer version was tied up a bit more than that...

Thanks ..

Kevin

Comment

What do you mean 'newer version'? My assumption was that you were using the same version. If not, then no, this won't work. You will need to upgrade.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X