Slow logins?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slow logins?

My board is running on a shared server. It seems fast on ALL pages but when you login to either the board or the admincp it takes long. Any ideas?

The Admin CP could be due to the time it takes your server to contact ours for the latest version info, but I don't know of any specific reason for the main forum login to take a long time.

What's the URL to your forums? Have you installed any hacks (including portals) or added any code to the footer, headinclude, header or phpinclude templates?
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
      The Admin CP could be due to the time it takes your server to contact ours for the latest version info, but I don't know of any specific reason for the main forum login to take a long time.

What's the URL to your forums? Have you installed any hacks (including portals) or added any code to the footer, headinclude, header or phpinclude templates?
      My forums URL is: http://forums.signmakersguild.com

And I have vbadvanced installed but it was slow before the installation. At first I thought it might be because of the shared server. But after speaking to some others who also used it on a shared server I dont think so.

Comment

Sorry but we cannot provide support for hacked forums. Your options are:

1. Remove the hacks (including any database changes) and restore the original vB files.

2. Ask for help at the hacking site: vbulletin.org

3. Set up a fresh test forum with all the original vB files and templates. Then if you can reproduce this problem on that forum, let me know. If not, then this will show that the problem is related to one or more changes you made.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X