Who is online page crashes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who is online page crashes

My who is online page crashes or resets it self ever so often. I don’t have enough traffic to cause this so I can’t understand why it happens. Anyone know what would cause this?

I've never heard of this. Do you have the option for 'Who's Online Resolve IP Addresses' set to 'Yes' by any chance?
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

No, "Resolve IP Addresses" is off. Seems to reset every about every week or so. I do have the cookie timeout set to 12 hours. I reduced it from 24 hours hoping it would act right.

Comment

What do you mean it 'reset'd? The default time for the Whpo's Online page to reload is 1 minute.

Also a cookie timeout of 12 hours is unusually long. This means that your members sessions will not log out until 12 hours of inactivity. The default setting is 15 minutes.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

By reset I mean it clears itself.

It is set to 12 hours because we’re using it as a way to see who has visited in the last day.

Comment

Because of the session issues, I suggest you find another way to track users per day and restore the cookie timeout to 900. As for this problem itself, I really have no idea what would cause this. Sorry. I don't know of anyone using a cookie timeout this long.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Ok. What I would like is to have a log similar to the who’s online page.
              Is there a way to write the info to a log file in the same format like it
              displays it on the online page?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X