Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

why does my "reply to thread" page options appear different than yours (this site's)?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• why does my "reply to thread" page options appear different than yours (this site's)?

My attachment shows radio buttons for "Guided Mode" and "Enhanced Mode"...what is the difference and how do I eliminate those choices?

Mine also has "Close Current Tag" and "Close All Tags". Where is that option enabled?

Our toolbars are also a little different. How do I get my to have the same options as yours?

Thanks.
    Attached Files

The difference is that you are using the WYSIWYG editor here, while you are not at your forums. The WYSIWYG (stands for What You See Is What You Get) allows you to see the end result of BBCode styling as you type out your post. To enable this, see this tutorial I wrote on enabling it.
    Bugdar: PHP bug tracking software that is beautiful, fast, and robust.

Comment

If you want all of your users to have this enabled, then go here:

Admin Control Panel --> Import & Maintenance --> Execute SQL Query

And from the Automatic Query menu, select Show Enhanced (WYSIWYG) Editor Toolbar then press [Continue].

(Note: In order to be able to do this, your user ID must be in the proper part of config.php. See
      here for information about configuring this.)

Finally, if you want all new registered users to have the WYSIWYG toolbar enabled, go here:

Admin Control Panel --> vBulletin Options --> User Registration Options

Then go to the Default Registration Options and look for Message Editor Interface. Then set this to be Show Enhanced (WYSIWYG) Editor Toolbar.
      Thanks for the very informative reply.

Just a couple of questions...regarding the portion of the above quote that I have in BLUE, does this only affect existing users? and the portion of the above quote in BLACK only affect new users?

Also do you have to press [Continue] also on the subsequent "Confirm Query Execution" page?

------------------------------------
      I went ahead and pressed the second [Continue] and here's the screen I ended up with(see attachement).

What do the "Query" and "VBulletin Message" mean?

thanks again.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by rnmcd; Mon 15 Nov '04, 8:16am.

Comment

The Query box shows the query you just ran, and the vBulletin Message shows how many rows (or records) that were changed - 6.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

regarding the portion of the above quote (two posts up) that I have in BLUE, does this only affect existing users? and the portion of the above quote in BLACK only affect new users? So I can set it so that only existing users use WYSIWYG and not new users?

Thank you.

Comment

Yes and yes.
            Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
            Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X