bb/php

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bb/php

Is there any way to have a BB that contains PHP code? Thanks.

Mike

P.S.: As a VB feature request, enable yelling in the title.
    Last edited by mtrac; Sat 13 Nov '04, 1:23pm. Reason: Notification

What do you mean exactly?
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by mtrac

P.S.: As a VB feature request, enable yelling in the title.
      Its a option in admin cp - clearly vBulletin.com do not wish to allow this, but you can always turn it on for you own site

And at a guess, you are asking if a BBCODE can contain PHP code as its replacement?

Comment

I was hoping to use CaRP to dump RSS feeds on transitory issues, such as weather, into a sticky post. Ultimately, I will do this with a portal.

I realize there are hacks that can also do this, but being able to use BB tags would make it much easier. CaRP requires minimal code and already does what I want (apologies, this is a proof-of-concept). It might also be cool to let users bring their own feeds -- put in a URL and away you go.

Comment

Originally posted by Praxin
          Its a option in admin cp - clearly vBulletin.com do not wish to allow this, but you can always turn it on for you own site
          Yes, I know. Problem is I want to allow yelling in the title but not in the body. I think I needed to turn yelling on at my site because I use abbreviations and acronyms in my titles.

Originally posted by Praxin
          And at a guess, you are asking if a BBCODE can contain PHP code as its replacement?
          Yes. I know it's a little off-the-wall, but it would be useful to me.

Comment

Originally posted by mtrac
            I was hoping to use CaRP to dump RSS feeds on transitory issues, such as weather, into a sticky post.
            You could use an announcement instead and set it to allow HTML.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
              You could use an announcement instead and set it to allow HTML.
              Didn't work.

Comment

Then it's a coding problem since you can enable HTML for a specific announcement.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment