Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"new thread" and "quick reply" icons not displaying properly...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "new thread" and "quick reply" icons not displaying properly...

any idea what could be causing this? I just installed this site today....

Attached are the images I am seeing.

Thanks.
    Attached Files

Tried downloading them again and reuploading them? Might be a corrupt image download.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan
      Tried downloading them again and reuploading them? Might be a corrupt image download.
      I looked at the originals and they looked fine then I re-uploaded (overwrote the existing ones) them but there is no change.

Hmmm.

Comment

This is caused by uploading image files in ASCII mode. Reupload them in Binary mode and make sure you overwrite the ones on the server.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I tried again...this time I uploaded via "AUTO" (whatever that is) instead of ASCII. This fixed the few images that were corrupted.

How should I have uploaded the entire forum? In AUTO or as ASCII?

thanks.
          Last edited by rnmcd; Fri 12 Nov '04, 5:44pm.

Comment

All images files should be uploaded in Binary mode and all the rest of the vB files in ASCII mode. Auto-detection should work to correctly identify file types, but that may not always be the case.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Thanks Steve. Uploading in ASCII worked.

Someone might consider putting a note in the Installation procedures about ASCII vs. binary mode.

Comment

That's alreadt in the online instructions:

http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/main/uploadpackage

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Originally posted by rnmcd
                  Thanks Steve. Uploading in ASCII worked.
                  Well I found it worked except for some of the images in the Admin CP(see attachement--there is a horizontal line through the gray frame and the "?" on the right-side is corrupt.

Is there a quick way to determine where all the images that I need to re-upload in binary are located? I only uploaded the "images" folder.

Thanks.
                  Attached Files

Comment

These are gif images in your cpstyles subdirectories.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

yikes, there's .css and .html files mixed in there. I hope reuploading the entire folders in AUTO mode (ftp) won't mess things up...

Comment

I was able to get the "?" image to fix but for that horizontal line (see my last attachment) is still there. That gray box is not an image, right, so this line is caused by something else....or is this the way the box is supposed to look?

Comment

Sorry, but I don't know where that line is coming form. I still think that one of the files was not uploaded in the correct format.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                          Working...
                          X