Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hvac tech
    I sure wish this was something fixable.
    It is. Fix whatever problems on the server that are causing this.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Thanks for the tip, found out they had the power cord inserted the wrong way on mail server

Comment

Grief!!! This continues to be a problem unless you run PhpSUexec. My server security folks just recompiled the new PHP 4.3.10 and when they did, they forgot to include PhpSUexec. Immediately, the rejection notices come into my mail box:

2005-01-03 10:16:50 1ClTww-000457-Ji ** [email protected] R=fail_remote_domains: unrouteable mail domain "cox.net"

Also: "wavecable.com" "comcast.net" "msn.com" "yahoo.com" "gmail.com" "sysmatrix.net" "hotmail.com" "sympatico.ca" "iwon.com" "ameritech.net" "pie.midco.net" - a few dozen of these for various users!

These are only some of the mail servers that bounce mail from "nobody" higher than a kite!

We recompiled Php using PhpSUexec and the email problem immediately cleared. Nothing bounced back.

Yes, it's a server problem, but it IS A WORLD WIDE WEB problem. The problem being created by spammers and the ongoing war to stop them.

The net result is to use PhpSUexec unless you don't mind bounced email and customer complaints that they cannot get mail from your server, especially those registration confirmation email notices.

Look at the properties of an email sent to you from your vBulletin system and check the "Received from" line. If it includes the user name "nobody" some of your server mail is quite likely to be rejected.

Yes, the "From:" line says "Boardname" plus your return email address. THIS IS NOT THE SAME AS THE RECEIVED FROM LINE. Two different lines.

No, I don't have any trouble with this as long as PhpSUexec is on the job. The problem is that while using PhpSUexec, I cannot have a vBulletin Archive.

Bad trade-off.

Last edited by oldengine; Tue 4 Jan '05, 5:44am. Reason: typo

Comment

At this time there is nothing vB can do to overcome this server configuration issue. Sorry.
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X