Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3.0.1 -> 3.0.3

Excuse me,

i was offline some weeks and downloaded the 3.0.3 right now. I probably missed some posts maybe with the answer to my question, but my search did not match.

I want to upgrade from 3.0.1 to 3.0.3 now and ask myself, what will happen to my board then. I have some add-ons like vbchat, vbadvanced, arcade and some small modifications to some templates.

Will i have them after upgrading? Isn't it possible to jst copy over some files?

Maybe someone has a small link or the answer for me.

Thanks, Wachtmeister

> www.webgurus.de
    Stromspar-Suchmaschine
    Theken & Tresen

You will need to re edit all the files

Comment

Thanx for the fast answer, but your smiley is upside down then
      Stromspar-Suchmaschine
      Theken & Tresen

Comment

Can we get serious on that please? I am still at 3.01 and have a lot of mods to my files, templates and database. I know templates can be maintained, or at least that's what I think, but I would be interested in knowing, which files are affected from this upgrade.

Many thanks
        John Caradimas

Comment

Check the 3.0.2 and 3.0.3 announcements, but realistically, you're better off just using Beyon Compare or a similar program to easily see what you changed (and where) and then copying your edits over to 3.0.3.

That's what I did, and I haven't broken anything in the upgrades I've done on a pretty heavily hacked board (vB3 Gamma -> vB3 RC3, vB3 RC3 -> 3.0.0, 3.0.0->3.0.2->3.0.3 (yes, I re-hacked the 3.0.2 files, but after I finished, 3.0.3 was out, so I redid them and upgraded to 3.0.3))

Comment

I checked these and choked!! LoL

Is that Beyon Compare a Windoze program or a Unix one? Any links to download would be appreciated, or else, I'll do a search tomorrow morning (it's almost midnight here).

Thanks for your opinion.

Rgds
            John Caradimas

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X