Problem in includes/functions_newpost.php

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem in includes/functions_newpost.php

Last night my web server was having some problems with DNS. It was eventually fixed. This morning I log on to my forum and notice that no one posted since the previous night. So I go to post and find there's a PHP error in includes/functions_newpost.php on line 177. So I open up the file and see the following line:

PHP Code:
     global $DB_site$vboptions$vbphrase$bbuserinfo$forumperms┬Č $usergroupcache$_REQUEST
    Notice the weird character after $forumperms? I checked and that is not the character that comes with vB in the zip file I downloaded. I have corrected the problem and the forum is working properly again, but my question is how did that character get there? How did the comma change to that character? Is it possible for a single character in a file be changed like that on it's own?
    Steve
    CreedFeed - Feed Your Need!
    http://www.creedfeed.com

It sounds like that file got corrupted somehow. I really don't know how that could have happened since vB doesn't write to the php files.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

It looks like some other problems have arrisen.

Code:

Invalid SQL: 

SELECT imageca├┤egorypermission.imagecategoryid, usergroupid

FROM imagecategorypermission AS imagecategorypermission, imagecategory AS imagecategory

WHERE imagetype = 2

AND imagecategorypermission.imagecategoryid = imagecategory.imagecategoryid

ORDER BY imagecategory.displayorder

mysql error: Unknown table 'imageca├┤egorypermission' in field list

mysql error number: 1109

I guess I'll just have to re-upload all the files to be safe, but I'd like to know which files were infected.
      Steve

Comment

Download fresh files from the members area and try uploading them, use a program like winzip to extract them, then use somthing like FlashXP or another ftp software program, make sure all non image files are uploaded in ASCII mode.

Comment

It had nothing to do with unzipping or uploading the files. I've had my forum running for over 2 years.
          Steve

Comment

If that is not it, then the problem is that your server is somehow corrupting these files. As I said, vB does not write to them so it cannot be causing this change.
            Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
            Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X