Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vB username/pwd authentication to get to chatroom

Here's the deal:

I have a chatroom on one of my servers (separate from the vB servers). It runs IRC. Users can use mIRC, IRCle or a purchased IRC Java applet to get in and chat.

What I want:

I want a "front-end" that forces the user to provide their vB username and password before being allowed into the chatroom, regardless of how they attempt it.

How can I do that?

Thanks!

I do believe there are several threads on how to do this over at vbulletin.org (for other chat applications.) You should check there.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Thank you. I will. BTW, I sent you a PM the other day. You get a chance to read it? (It might have been to Scott though. As yet no reply).

Comment

It must have been to Scott. I don't see any recent PMs from you. The last one was on Oct. 18.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Fine. My question is, "is MMcache a vB-supported product or a hack?"

Comment

No, it's not a vB-supported product. I thought this was server software and not a vB hack.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

At this moment we do not support third party software. But I know sites run vBulletin and use MMCache.

If you include global.php into your php file you can use $header, $navbar and $footer and use conditionals to require a user to be a member before using chat or use the $bbuserinfo[username] as irc chat username.

Note: You can't use spaces or some characters on irc as nickname, so make a function to clean up the vb username first.

Example: http://www.vBulletin.nl/community/chat.php

Free java irc chat that doesn't require to purchase an applet and allows to connect to everything and controlled by vbulletin template system. vbxirc is what powers it - made by zachery i think - and you can get it at vborg

Comment

Great. Thanks for the answers guys!

D.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X