Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Allow moderators only to post - registered users to reply

Sorry if this has been asked before - new user

I have a specific forum where I want only the moderator to be able to post threads but allow registered users to view and to reply to the moderators thread and vote etc.

I have set up forum permissions so that registered users cannot post threads, but can reply and vote in polls etc.

I have set up moderators of this group so they can post new threads in this forum and pols etc.

I logged in as the moderator and tried to post and got the disallowed message you would expect the registered users to get if they tried to post.

Any ideas what I am doing wrong?

is the moderator a global mod or just for a particular forum? I'f it's just for a particlular forum then you will need to make them moderators in that forum too.
    Kerry-Anne :)

Twitter Blog

www.peterska2.com www.worldnewszone.com www.popularusenetgroups.com www.superclickers.co.uk www.forumsforchrist.com www.browsergameplanet.com

Comment

The moderator is specified as a specific moderator for this forum - They are also a moderator for other specific forums where I do not impose post restrictions on registered users.

Looking at the logic I thought I had it covered but I am obviously doing something not quite right.

Can you explain what you mean by a global mod (moderator?)

Comment

Originally posted by fazzer
        The moderator is specified as a specific moderator for this forum - They are also a moderator for other specific forums where I do not impose post restrictions on registered users.

Looking at the logic I thought I had it covered but I am obviously doing something not quite right.

Can you explain what you mean by a global mod (moderator?)
        Admin = God, can do almost anything
        Supermoderator = what you ask above i.e. can moderate all forums and categories
        Moderator = can only moderate on the fourms/categories for which they are a moderator

You need to set Admin/Smod/Moderator usergroup to be able to post in that category, but registered users can only reply to existing threads.
        John

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X