Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sticky Problems - Order wont stay put...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sticky Problems - Order wont stay put...

I want the stickys I put up to stay in exactly the same order I put them up, can anyone tell me how this is possible please ?

Thanks

If you post stickys, the newest ALWAYS go to the top (just like regular posts). If you want to rotate their order, post replies to them until you get them how you want them, then lock the threads.

A better way would be to post ANNOUNCEMENTS, which appear ABOVE the threads as clickable links. IIRC, you can order those easily.

Comment

Hi Dennis,

Here is the problem.

We have always had stickys in our Britain forum for the football.

We have:

Premiership
      Championship
      League 1
      League 2
      Non League
      Scotland Leagues

Now, that is the order they always stayed in before, and people would post their thoughts in those threads, so locking isn't an option.

Knowing all this, is there any way to keep the same order while members post in them at the same time ?

Comment

make them sub forums instead of stickies perhaps?
        Kerry-Anne :)

Twitter Blog

www.peterska2.com www.worldnewszone.com www.popularusenetgroups.com www.superclickers.co.uk www.forumsforchrist.com www.browsergameplanet.com

Comment

Paul, that's not possible. Replies rotate the most recent to the top.

Comment

What you COULD do is create the appropriate threads, but DO NOT stick them.

Then - Create threads that contain the LINKS to the threads. Title the thread appropriately, stick it, and lock it.

The user clicks the sticky, then the link to the actual thread. Kinda kludgy, but it'd get the job done. You could put the actual threads in a subforum all their own, so they don't circulate to the top of the main room.

Comment

Not sure how the sub forums work exactly, still getting used to what VB can do.

Thanks for all replies, I'll go and have a look at what sub forums do, and look at suggestions above.

Many Thanks.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X