User Ranks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• User Ranks?

I just noticed this seemingly new function (I've administrated vB2 forums before and didn't see it) and I'm just wondering what kind of useful functionality I can get out of it. If anyone has a forum that uses them that could show me, or can just give me a detailed explanation, I would be very grateful

Originally posted by jd-inflames
    I just noticed this seemingly new function (I've administrated vB2 forums before and didn't see it) and I'm just wondering what kind of useful functionality I can get out of it. If anyone has a forum that uses them that could show me, or can just give me a detailed explanation, I would be very grateful
    On the vBulletin fan site I have set (for example) the official vBulletin.com staff up to have a text user rank. This way only official vbcom staff show up as " vBulletin.com Staff "

Comment

on my site www.ntlhellworld.com I use it for the mods and admins as well as subscribers and in the future any offical ntl staff.
      Feel free to have a look there.

I decided to use it rather than set avatars as I like the fact that the staff can still have these and I don't want to stop my subscribers from having them either.
      Kerry-Anne :)

Twitter Blog

www.peterska2.com www.worldnewszone.com www.popularusenetgroups.com www.superclickers.co.uk www.forumsforchrist.com www.browsergameplanet.com

Comment

I see. I use different text effects for that...such as red bold with italics is administrator, anything with a color that is bold is a global, and every color that is not bold is a moderator or extreme contributer of some sort.

Thanks, but I don't think this system will do me any more justice than my title system I don't intend on installing any kind of store hack where they can change their name colors, so it won't be necessary.

And Peter, I'm having difficulties loading threads on your forum here, is your server having difficulties?

Comment

Yeah they are doing maintenence work on the server so it keeps going up and down.
          Kerry-Anne :)

Twitter Blog

www.peterska2.com www.worldnewszone.com www.popularusenetgroups.com www.superclickers.co.uk www.forumsforchrist.com www.browsergameplanet.com

Comment

Working...
          X