Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how do i find the path to my php executable?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how do i find the path to my php executable?

How would i find the path to my php executable somewhere in php info? www.school-help.co.uk is my domain so can someone view the php info (its on) and tell me what mine is and where/how to find it!

Since there's no subdirectory, your "base" directory for vB is whatever your URL resolves to directly, on your server.

Comment

im not talking about the full path of my forums i already know that. Im talking about my path to my php executable. I was told it can be found by using Putty but i am unfamiliar to this. Can you find it out via php info? and if so where is it. if not can someone give me further details on how to find it.

Comment

I don't understand. vB is written in PHP. There are dozens of PHP files that make up the application. If you're talking about your CONFIG.PHP file, I believe its under the INCLUDES directory.

Comment

no , no , no lol . Im not talking about the config.php in the includes folder. Im talking about the PHP executable on my server. This is not something i put on the server the directory is something like /usr/local/bin/php . That is the default for most forums but im not sure if that is mine or not. This is for adding a cron job for one of the php files.

How do i find out my one anybody?

Comment

NOW I get it! You want to know where the PHP application itself lives. You have root access?

Comment

lol finally. When you mean root access , i am the admin of my forum and have root access to where all my files are stored .

Comment

server-level root access. (Superuser) Is your board hosted on a Linux/Unix platform?

Comment

Its hosted on linux but i am using a public host . Its not hosted by me...

Comment

Then it's their responsibility to tell you the directory path where PHP lives. You are only responsible for your vB files. Chances are very high that you don't have the access permissions to allow you to search for the directory.

Comment

so i can't find it within the php info? Shall i contact the host to ask them?

Comment

Correct.

Comment

Thanks for all your help Dennis, i have contacted the host and hopefully they will understand what i mean .

Thanks again

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                          Working...
                          X