Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Edited by set to show, but not showing ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Edited by set to show, but not showing ?

I have the setting to show edited by on registered members, but it isn't showing.

Anyone got any ideas please ?
    Last edited by Paul Ross; Thu 28 Oct '04, 8:00am.

There's also a setting that sets how long a user has to edit a post BEFORE the "edited by" message is displayed. Mine is set to 10 minutes.

Comment

edit by

Hi,

That's not it though. I tested it by making a post and editing straight away, and "edited by" did not come up.

This is really important, hope someone can help ?

Comment

As an admin, you have the option of setting "Admins show 'Edited by'"? to NO. If you have that option set, NO ADMIN will ever have an "Edited by" show up on any post.

Comment

edit

Dennis,

It's not admin thats the problem, the members are. I need them to say edited by, the setting is to that but it isn't showing.

Comment

I'd have to review your Admin options personally, as would a vB staffer.

Comment

Paul,

Fill out a support ticket at:

http://www.vbulletin.com/members/me...contactform.php

Be sure to include the login info to your Admin CP so we can check the settings.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Ross
                Hi,

That's not it though. I tested it by making a post and editing straight away, and "edited by" did not come up.

This is really important, hope someone can help ?
                That could be caused by what a previous poster mentioned. I don't remember what the default timeout is, but if you edit within that window, it doesn't show Edited By. Since you edited it immediately, that would most likely fall into that window.
                Last edited by conqsoft; Thu 28 Oct '04, 9:19am.
                vBulletin v3.8.0's Implementation of Google Adsense Should Be Avoided At All Costs - Do Your Own Adsense Implementation

Comment

I checked - it works. PMd him the result.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X