Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colin F
    replied
    The license number is in every PHP file, the only ones that don't have it are the JavaScript files in the clientscript/ directory.

Leave a comment:

• abcde
    replied
    i dont see why you want to change your License #. i dont really care if anyone know my license #. They still don't have any right of using it.

Leave a comment:

• Ace
    replied
    Originally posted by Floris
    If you have no source code installed you can simply download the .zip for the owned license, unpack it and upload it, overwriting any existing old leased license file.
    His worry about 'losing all hacks' kinda points to him having modified the source code...

Leave a comment:

• mustang_lex
    replied
    what about sessions.php, funtions_login.php under includes. Is there any more files I'm missing that the license has to be changed in?

Leave a comment:

• Floris
    replied
    If you have no source code installed you can simply download the .zip for the owned license, unpack it and upload it, overwriting any existing old leased license file.

Leave a comment:

• Webnower
    replied
    Dreamweaver MX does this as well. You can always get the demo if you don't own the actual software.

Leave a comment:

• Mosaicvb
    replied
    Single Unix 1 Liner To Change recursively all of the license numbers contained in the php files

Code:
    find . -name "*.php" -print | xargs perl -pi -e 's/LXXXXXX1/LXXXXXXX2/g'

Leave a comment:

• Techguy1
    replied
    You could use UltraEdit, which is what I regularly use. You can do a Search-Replace on all files within a directory and subs.

Edit: It ain't free, but there used to be a 30 day eval or something. But it's worth the money.
    Last edited by Techguy1; Wed 27 Oct '04, 4:38pm. Reason: To add the "Edit:" note

Leave a comment:

• bondjetta
    replied
    Originally posted by Lats
    That's a lot of files to change!

You may want to look at a decent file editor which can do bulk find/replaces - check out ultraedit.com as a good example.
    hmm, i'll look into it thank you

Leave a comment:

• Lats
    replied
    That's a lot of files to change!

You may want to look at a decent file editor which can do bulk find/replaces - check out ultraedit.com as a good example.

Leave a comment:

• bondjetta
    replied
    Originally posted by Jake Bunce
    Yep. All of them.
    ok, thank you

Leave a comment:

• Jake Bunce
    replied
    Originally posted by bondjetta
    are we looking at all .php files in all directories? (aka /includes/functions_*.php, /admincp/*.php, etc?) or just the /forums/*.php files?
    Yep. All of them.

Leave a comment:

• bondjetta
    replied
    Yep.

If it is going to be a problem for you, then I wouldn't worry about it. The important thing is that there exists an active vBulletin license that points to your forum. Then it is legal.
    one last question i promise

are we looking at all .php files in all directories? (aka /includes/functions_*.php, /admincp/*.php, etc?) or just the /forums/*.php files?

Leave a comment:

• Jake Bunce
    replied
    Originally posted by bondjetta
    so i'm looking at either hand editing a few dozen files or losing all hacks?
    Yep.

If it is going to be a problem for you, then I wouldn't worry about it. The important thing is that there exists an active vBulletin license that points to your forum. Then it is legal.

Leave a comment:

• bondjetta
    replied
    The license # is hard coded into the top of every php file. You would need to change all of those entries, or upload the files for the new license in place of the existing files.
    so i'm looking at either hand editing a few dozen files or losing all hacks?

thank you for the quick response though

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X