Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

owned license# change

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • owned license# change

    i'll try to keep this short and sweet. i was using a leased lic.# that expired so I decided to buy an owned license on my own (seperate from my partner who had previously handled all of our licensing) good news.

    back on topic: my forums are running w/ the old license number in place and I want to change that to the new (valid) owned license number. So far i know that the lic# exists in login.php and *somewhere* in /admincp...but my question is: where exactly?

    also, how would you recommend I go about changing all of those values? am I better off reinstalling the software over again (and thus losing my hacks)? or could I do a find and replace on some of the .php files?

    I just want to make sure everything's on the up and up now Thanks!

  • #2
    The license # is hard coded into the top of every php file. You would need to change all of those entries, or upload the files for the new license in place of the existing files.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Jake Bunce
      The license # is hard coded into the top of every php file. You would need to change all of those entries, or upload the files for the new license in place of the existing files.
      so i'm looking at either hand editing a few dozen files or losing all hacks?

      thank you for the quick response though

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by bondjetta
        so i'm looking at either hand editing a few dozen files or losing all hacks?
        Yep.

        If it is going to be a problem for you, then I wouldn't worry about it. The important thing is that there exists an active vBulletin license that points to your forum. Then it is legal.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Jake Bunce
          Yep.

          If it is going to be a problem for you, then I wouldn't worry about it. The important thing is that there exists an active vBulletin license that points to your forum. Then it is legal.
          one last question i promise

          are we looking at all .php files in all directories? (aka /includes/functions_*.php, /admincp/*.php, etc?) or just the /forums/*.php files?

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by bondjetta
            are we looking at all .php files in all directories? (aka /includes/functions_*.php, /admincp/*.php, etc?) or just the /forums/*.php files?
            Yep. All of them.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Jake Bunce
              Yep. All of them.
              ok, thank you

              Comment


              • #8
                That's a lot of files to change!

                You may want to look at a decent file editor which can do bulk find/replaces - check out ultraedit.com as a good example.
                Lats...

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Lats
                  That's a lot of files to change!

                  You may want to look at a decent file editor which can do bulk find/replaces - check out ultraedit.com as a good example.
                  hmm, i'll look into it thank you

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    You could use UltraEdit, which is what I regularly use. You can do a Search-Replace on all files within a directory and subs.

                    Edit: It ain't free, but there used to be a 30 day eval or something. But it's worth the money.
                    Last edited by Techguy1; Wed 27 Oct '04, 4:38pm. Reason: To add the "Edit:" note
                    HFT Online - Professional computer help ... with a personal touch

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Single Unix 1 Liner To Change recursively all of the license numbers contained in the php files

                      Code:
                      find . -name "*.php" -print | xargs perl -pi -e 's/LXXXXXX1/LXXXXXXX2/g'

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Dreamweaver MX does this as well. You can always get the demo if you don't own the actual software.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          If you have no source code installed you can simply download the .zip for the owned license, unpack it and upload it, overwriting any existing old leased license file.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            what about sessions.php, funtions_login.php under includes. Is there any more files I'm missing that the license has to be changed in?

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Floris
                              If you have no source code installed you can simply download the .zip for the owned license, unpack it and upload it, overwriting any existing old leased license file.
                              His worry about 'losing all hacks' kinda points to him having modified the source code...
                              My Live vB5 Site - NZEating.com
                              vBulletin Hosting | vBulletin Services - Need hosting for your vB? Need it installed? Something else? Let me take that hassle off your hands.

                              Comment

                              widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X