Test Board Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Test Board Help

Can anyone provide some information to me on how to set up a test board locally (on my own machine). I have a liscenced copy, and know that I'm able to set one up for testing purposes, but I'm unable to get it running. What do I need to download from my up and running site to be able to have the same site (without posts) on my own machine? It seems every time I try it, the versions aren't the same.

Any help would be appreciated, or directing me to some place that would be able to help too!

I don't know enough about Apache/MYSQL to know what I'm doing right or wrong, so it's probably something simple that I just don't know about...

Thanks
    Amber

Before you can do anything, you need to have a working web server (Apache, IIS, etc), and working installations of PHP and MySQL on your local machine. If you have questions about this part, I recommend you post in our Server Configuration forum.

Once that is done, you can follow the instructions for moving servers. Basically you need to copy over the files and database, restore the database backup to an actual database on your local machine, and edit the includes/config.php file to point to that database.

Comment

Ok thanks - I have a working web server, php and MySQL, so I will go through the instructions on moving servers and see if I can figure something out Thanks for your quick reply!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X