New Member Usergroup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Member Usergroup

I created a new usergroup called New Member. How do I make this the default group for when new users signup? I will promote them after certain criteria.

Please don't tell me I have to move 18000 ppl from the regged group into a new group and make the regged group my New User group?
    Should have an option to say "This will be the default usergroup" or something to that affect if the latter is the case.

New users are put into the Registered Users group which is hard coded as usergroupid 2. Changing this would require modifying the register.php file:

Code:
    	// assign user to group 3 if email needs verification
    	if ($vboptions['verifyemail'])
    	{
    		$newusergroupid = 3;
    	}
    	else
    	{
    		if ($vboptions['moderatenewmembers'] OR $_POST['coppauser'])
    		{
    			$newusergroupid = 4;
    		}
    		else
    		{
    			$newusergroupid = 2;
    		}
    	}
    Or you can restructure your groups so the default Registered Users group works for what you want to do.

Comment

Originally posted by Jake Bunce
      Or you can restructure your groups so the default Registered Users group works for what you want to do.
      I definitely recommend this approach since messing with the default usergroup requires modifying the code and can cause other unintended consequences since the system expects usergroupid 2 to be the default group.
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

ahh...finally here i got soultion..

But i got few question..plz let me know will this solve my porblem:

We got 1200 registerd user......they are in Registerd user group.
        And user who will register they will be regiserted too but under different user group[limited access] after 10 post they will be auto promoted to Registerd User group....
        And after this modification old registerd user wont face any problem? there user group & other set up will stay as it was ?

Im im not wrong--- this modification will solve it?

Same code need to edit for 3.6.4 ?

Thnx...
        Last edited by Zia; Mon 25 Dec '06, 9:04pm.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X