linear - newest first

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• linear - newest first

How the heck do I make "linear - newest first" as the default thread display mode?
    Do not click this link... you may save hundreds on your auto insurance.

To set the defaults for new users:

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> User Registration Options -> Default Registration Options -> Thread Display Mode -> Linear - Newest First

To reset options for existing users:

Admin CP -> Import & Maintenance -> Execute SQL Query -> Automatic Query

Then choose the appropriate query and click on 'Continue'.

To run queries you first need to give yourself permission to run queries in the Admin CP. To do this, edit this section of config.php:

// ****** USERS WITH QUERY RUNNING PERMISSIONS ******
    // The users specified here will be allowed to run queries from the control panel.
    // See the above entries for more information on the format.
    // Please note that the ability to run queries is quite powerful. You may wish
    // to remove all user IDs from this list for security reasons.
    $canrunqueries = 'x';

...with x being your userid number (not username).
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Ahh, thank you.

Comment

OK, I now need to have the posts set up like they are here with #1 first and so on. Right now if I have 3 posts in a thread #3 is first.

Comment

That is normal because it is the 3rd post made in that thread. Changing this (which I don't recommenbd) requires modifying the code which we don't support. You can try asking for help with this over at vbulletin.org.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
            That is normal because it is the 3rd post made in that thread. Changing this (which I don't recommenbd) requires modifying the code which we don't support. You can try asking for help with this over at vbulletin.org.
            Just curious why it is done that way? Seems kind of dumb to come to a forum and read a bunch of answers to a question you haven't read yet.
            So dumb in fact that it has been changed to the correct way here.

Comment

I disagree that this is 'dumb'. It works exactly the way it's supposed to. To each his own.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

I disagree that this is 'dumb'. It works exactly the way it's supposed to. To each his own.
                I just need my forum to work exactly how it is done here at vbulletin.com, with this reply at the bottom, mine would be at the top, I just figured because it is done that way here that it would be the default? I take it that it was changed here?

Comment

This forum is set up for 'Linear - Oldest First' by default. Also each member can change this setting in their User CP options so you may need to check this too.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

This forum is set up for 'Linear - Oldest First' by default. Also each member can change this setting in their User CP options so you may need to check this too.
                    Hot damn, that is what I wanted all along, figured it had to be something easy.
                    Thanks again.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X