Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Users awaiting e-mail confirmation

Evening

Our new forum isn't online yet, but there is a subdomain to view it while we're constructing it. I had 3 folks sign up for the forum before going live (on the subdomain) and none of them have received their e-mail confirmation. 2 of them have been able to post (I manually changed their profiles) but these 2 aren't showing up in the members list because they never received their e-mail confirmation. They both joined yesterday. I asked a 3rd person to sign up today, about an hour ago, and I nor he has not received the e-mail verification yet.

Here are the control settings I have enabled

Admin CP > VB Options > User Reg Options > Allow new user registrations > yes

Admin CP > VB Options > User Reg Options > Moderate new members > yes

Admin CP > VB Options > User Reg Options > Image Verification > yes

Admin CP > VB Options > User Reg Options > Send Welcome E-mail > yes

Admin CP > VB Options > User Reg Options > E-mail address to notify about new members > enabled and e-mail address inserted

Admin CP > VB Options > User Reg Options > Verify e-mail adress in registration > yes

Any help would be appreciated, thank you kindly

Try sending yourself a test email:

Admin CP -> Import & Maintenance -> Diagnostics -> Email

If you don't receive it, then your PHP installation might not be correctly configured to send email. You should contact your host about this.

Regarding the memberlist problem, make sure this option is enable for those groups you want to show on the member list:

Admin CP -> Usergroups -> Usergroup Manager -> Edit Usergroup -> Viewable on the Memberlist

Comment

I sent an e-mail to 4 accounts and nothing came through

this was the diagnostic on the admin CP

No errors were returned while attempting to send the email. Check xyz.com shortly to confirm you've received the email. If you don't receive the email, try sending the test to a different address. If that fails, check your mail server's configuration

The members option is already enabled as you also suggested

thanks so much

Comment

The e-mail config has been fixed from the server side. What about the members that never received the confirmation e-mails after registration? Will they eventually get one? Or is there some setting I need to change to get them in the members listing, and off the awaiting e-mal confirmation? The server host told me there are no e-mails (to confirm them) in the queue

thanks

Comment

Send another round of activation emails to users that are currently awaiting activation:

Admin CP -> Users -> Send Email to Users

Send the email to the Users Awaiting Email Confirmation group. Use $activatelink in the body.

Comment

Thanks alot, working now

Appreciate the trouble

Comment

sorry, another question please

I had a few more people sign up, and they received the e-mail, however they were defaulted to the COPPA levels and can not see the forum - they added their full birthday and are adults - is there some setting that I might need to change to have them default to the registered users listing instead of as COPPA (Users awaiting moderation) - or do I manually set them up individually under the users section?

Thanks again

Comment

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> User Registyration Options -> Modrate New Memebrs -> No

Also if they inadvertantly entered a birthdate that indicates they are under 13 years old, they will automatically go into the COPPA/Moderated group this way as well.
                Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Did a test email through the diagnostics to 2 emails, sent through after sending. Did the other in the users and activate link thing and didnt work at all, anyone know why?

Comment

Originally posted by WoundedVeins
                    Did a test email through the diagnostics to 2 emails, sent through after sending. Did the other in the users and activate link thing and didnt work at all, anyone know why?
                    No doubt the destination address has filtering / blocking software that is flagging the activation emails.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X