Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A how to post....

Right,

On our forum we have one area set up to allow post to everyone, but each post is moderated so we can make sure there not then shown to anyone but staff, now this works great

Now when setting permission for this forum, we set it so that our email address gets notified when a post is made, but this does not seam to work.

We need to updated as soon as a post is made there for a fast reply service for our customers, Also is there a way to make the post show but only say to the person that made the post and or staff, admin. So we can see a new post has been made, but again no one else can.

Thanks for any advice or correct ways to set this up.

So there are several people moderating the posts correct? Well from what i understand there is a who to modify section when you edit the forums. Just add the email addresses there with commas and it should work perfectly fine. I've used this method on my own forums at one point and time and I'm sure this should work. Just make sure your server can actually send mail through php.

Comment

Yer thats what i thought, we have done that, but we dont get mail, mail works on the rest of the site ok. Rather strange then.

Comment

When I goto the forum manager > edit a forum and enter my email address to receive new posts, it will email me when there is a new post. I don't use moderation, but I can imagine that if you moderate a post it might not be a new post until it is moderated?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X