reset the datebase...moving along again

Leave a comment:

• ClaytonR
    replied
    issues

i am having issues again...help

Step 3) Creating Tables
    • Creating access table

There seems to have been a slight problem with the database.
      Please try again by pressing the refresh button in your browser.

Leave a comment:

• ClaytonR
    replied
    Thanks, that makes sense. Took a look and WinZip was the problem. Used Stuffit Expander and everything seems to be going smoothly. Thanks for the big help.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    The files will be listed like that but wqhen you unzip them they should unzip into the appropriate subdirectoriues. If this is not happening then it is a problem with your unzip program. You need to check the settings for this program.

Leave a comment:

• ClaytonR
    replied
    Based on what you are saying their should have been multiple folders contained in the zip file that we recieved. When we unzip the file there are no directories contained in it....just loose files. We downloaded the default program. Is that the correct zip file in the first place? I understand what you are explaining but I think we're missing some things on our end here.

Leave a comment:

• Floris
    replied
    You have it:

/filea.php
    /fileb.php
    /filec.php
    /filed.php

where some of them should be in their own directory:

/filea.php
    /dira/fileb.php
    /dira/filec.php
    /filed.php

Leave a comment:

• ClaytonR
    replied
    ok..

sorry i am a little lost...can you tell me in stupid person terms??

Leave a comment:

• Floris
    replied
    The reason you can't install vBulletin is because all the files are in the forums/ directory. And not in the original forum directory structure. Remove the files from the forums/ directory and upload the content of the upload/ directory from the .zip into the forums/ directory - leaving the directory structure in tact. Then update config.php.new with the mysql database details and rename it to config.php - after which you can run install.php through yoursite.com/forums/install/install.php

Leave a comment:

• ClaytonR
    replied
    i

i sent all my info in...did u get it??

Leave a comment:

• Floris
    replied
    install.php shouldn't be in httpdocs/ but in httpdocs/install/

Leave a comment:

• ClaytonR
    replied
    yes

yes it is a new upload...it is under htdocs

Leave a comment:

• Floris
    replied
    Sounds like you uploaded it into the wrong directory.

Goto www.vbulletin.com/members/ and click on 'contact us', to start a new support ticket.

Link to this thread, and include your forum url, ftp details and mysql phpmyadmin details so we can login and check what is possibly going on and try to correct it for you.

This is a fresh installation right?

Leave a comment:

• ClaytonR
    started a topic Can not get forums to work...

Can not get forums to work...

i am not sure where to start...i have downloaded the PHP version of the forums and done everything in the manual....uploaded it and when i try to get to the install link i get an The page cannot be found

The page you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

when i take out one "install" i get this:

Warning: main(./install/installcore.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /www/p/paintspl/htdocs/forums/install.php on line 69

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required './install/installcore.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/php4/lib/php') in /www/p/paintspl/htdocs/forums/install.php on line 69

i host on POWWEB.com