vBulletin.com's Server

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vBulletin.com's Server

What is the server stats on vBulletin.com's server? The server we're on bottomed out at 700 users, and I'd like to figure out how to possibly reach 3 times amount. Here's what we're running:

Dedicated Server
    2.8 GHz Pentium 4 HT
    2 GB of RAM
    Free BSD 4.10
    PHP 4.3.8
    mySQL 4.0.2

I'd say about 95% of the traffic hits our boards, the 5% being some personal web pages, just pure HTML and javascript, no huge files hosted. We're not running game software. No major mods have been installed.

Any suggestions?

Well your mysql is not helping you at all, however.

vBulletin.com
    Dual 2.4 GHZ Xeon
    4GB DDR ECC Ram
    Dual SCSI disks

And i couldn't tell you the OS or php/mysql settings I dont know.

Comment

Thanks Zachery:

BTW, you can find this in AdminCP/Import & Maintenance:

PHP - View PHP Info
      mySQL - Diagnostics->System Information->mySQL Variables and scroll down to version

EDIT: also on that variable page, O/S version in there, I think under version_compile_os

I take it 3.23 is better for mySQL?

Comment

No no, your running an outdated version of 4.0.x 4.0.21 is the latest release but i would recomend 4.0.20

I am not an adminstrator here so I dont know

If you are looking for a server to really take a beating, Dual Xeons wtih SCSI are the way to go.

Comment

Ah, we're running 4.0.20. Thanks for the heads up, hopefully an admin can help verify. Thanks again for all your help

Comment

You should ask for server optmization from eva in the server configuration forum

Comment

Keep in mind that various sites run on the same server.

vBulletinTemplates.com: 20 users online
              vBulletin-Germany.com: 30 users online
              vBulletin.org: 250 users online
              vBulletin.com: 300 users online

and that is only the forum, there are also users browsing members area, manual, frontpage and other sections. So easy to say it handles 600+ users online.

Comment

I don't know if the Demo Admin CP is also hoste on this server. But there you can see the output of phpinfo and maybe some more infos.

What I've seen there is that they use http://turck-mmcache.sourceforge.net/index_old.html to cache precompiled PHP-code.
                noox, Mountainbike Downhill Board

Comment

Originally posted by Zachery
                  No no, your running an outdated version of 4.0.x 4.0.21 is the latest release but i would recomend 4.0.20
                  Sorry for bringing this thread up again, but I would be interested in why you recommend 4.0.20 over 4.0.21 as 4.0.21 is the version we are using.

Comment

I noticed a few odd quirks with it, I am running it on my dev server in house, nothing major of course, I am also going on the recomendations of our server guru here George

Comment

Originally posted by Zachery
                      Well your mysql is not helping you at all, however.

vBulletin.com
                      Dual 2.4 GHZ Xeon
                      4GB DDR ECC Ram
                      Dual SCSI disks

And i couldn't tell you the OS or php/mysql settings I dont know.
                      sorry to dig out this really old thread, i would like to know if vbulletin.com is still running on this server specifications ?

are other official sites of vbulletin like vbulletin.org running on this server or seperate server ?

are 2 boxes used for vbulletin.com or only 1 ?

thanks in advance.

Comment

The public web servers run on one server as far as we know
                        And all the official sister sites run on it too.
                        I dont' remember if we moved since oct 2004, doubt it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...
                        X