Installing Hacks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Installing Hacks

I am totally new to vBulletin and I was wondering how to install hacks. I know where to get them from vBulletin.org, but I was wondering how..Do I go to import and maintenence in the Admin Control Panel? Or the custom BB codes....Or something else?
    Last edited by XDuncan; Thu 14 Oct '04, 10:52am.

We don't provide official support for hacks here. The place to ask this is at: http://www.vbulletin.rog/forum/
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
      We don't provide official support for hacks here. The place to ask this is at: http://www.vbulletin.rog/forum/

Then how do you install templates?

Comment

This depends on exactly what you are trying to do. Please expalin.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

This depends on exactly what you are trying to do. Please expalin.

Like the layout of the forum, see my layout right now looks defualt, like this forum. But other vBulletin forums look completely different and unique. I was just wondering how..

Comment

That can be done by editing the existing templates. You generally don't need to create new ones to do this.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

OMG! What a broad question!

There are hundreds of possible style/template combinations. It's impossible to discuss them without knowing what you want your forum to look like.

For example, every forum is assigned to a "style". A style is a set of attributes that make up the Look & Feel of a forum. You can create new styles, customize them, and assign forum rooms to them. That has the instant effect of changing how your board looks and behaves.

Now, what you want to do INSIDE those styles is a HUGE subject.....

Comment

How do I change these styles..I went to ADMIN CP --> Templates And Styles..But don't see anything like "change" anywhere..

Comment

You need to create a new style first. I suggest reviewing the online documentation:

http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/styles_and_templates

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

You need to create a new style first. I suggest reviewing the online documentation:

http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/styles_and_templates

How do I center logo?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X