Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freddie Bingham
    replied
    I think you've stumbled upon a bug that only manifests if you create an event for the GMT timezone. Give this a try.

Edit index.php, calendar.php and includes/functions_calendar.php

Find the lines that start like (about 6 or 7):
    $offset = iif

Replace them with:
    $offset = $bbuserinfo['timezoneoffset'];

Leave a comment:

• AndyL
    replied
    Can anybody (Zachery?) shed any further light on this please as I have drawn a blank?
    Thanks,
    Andy

Leave a comment:

• AndyL
    replied
    Web server is in TimeZone: GMT (London etc.) with DST on.

So time now on webserver is: 15:27
    Time on my PC is: 15:26

Any other clues, plse?

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    The server may be in that timezone, but what timezone is the server time set to?

Leave a comment:

• Times of Calendar Events Change After DST Amended in User CP

Hello,

I am in London, UK (so is my web server & the majority of my users). At present it is 'British Summer Time' (GMT+1), or UTC+1, Zulu Time etc. & I am running vBulletin version 3.0.3

When I post a Ranged Event into the Calendar (say 13:00 to 14:00) the Event time changes depending which user views it (i.e. depending on their 'Date & Time Options' defined in the respective 'User CP').

Problem:
    If a user's Time Zone is set to GMT+1 (which is correct for this time of year) then the Event in the calendar appears @ 14:00 to 15:00!!

The only way I can get the time of the Event (13:00 to 14:00) to appear correctly in the Calendar is to edit the Time Zone in that User's Profile to GMT, rather than GMT+1. But this in turn, affects the value of:
    Code:
    [color=black]$vbphrase[all_times_are_gmt_x_time_now_is_y][/color]
    [color=black][/color]
    is- "All times are GMT. The time now is 13:51"

It should be 14:51.

Hence, this user can now post an Event in the Calendar at the correct time yet their on screen 'time reminder' (in the 'footer' template) displays the wrong time by an an hour.

Any help would be greatfully appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Andy