Moving templates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving templates

I have two vB forums on localhost for testing purposes only. I'd like to transfer all the customized templates from one to the other. Is there a way to mass move them , or do I have to copy & paste them one-by-one?
    ~ Life isn't always fair, but you can be. ~

AdminCP > Styles & Templates > Style Manager > Download style (from the drop down)

then on the second board
    AdminCP > Styles & Templates > Upload / Download Styles

Comment

Ah, perfect! Thank you.

Comment

hmmm, everything went smoothly, but it seems like not all the customizations were transferred. For instance, the postbit icon (icon1.gif) shows up, but I did not have that in my customized templates. Another one is when when I collapse any one of the forums on forumhome, the width of the table cells in the header changes, whereas in my original customizations, that did not and does not happen. A few others things have changed as well. They're not major problems, but I would like to have had an identical copy of the original.

What am I missing?

<update>
        ok, some of it is that the custom vbphrases weren't transferred, and they probably are not supposed to be, correct?

The postbit icon is controlled by Thread Display Options (showthread) in vBulletin Options, so obviously that is not transferred, either. Basically I found out that some things simply aren't transferred; and that's okay, because now I know there was no error, except in my own head. As far as I can tell, everything is exactly the way I want it.

Oh, and the problem with collapsing a forum is not a problem after all. I started out with only one forum for testing, but when more are added, and as long as at least one remains expanded, the headers will stay put. But if all the forums are collapsed, then they change. It does that on the original board, too, but I never knew that.
        </update>
        Last edited by cbiweb; Thu 14 Oct '04, 1:48pm.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X