Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I increase the amount of threads shown globally ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I increase the amount of threads shown globally ?

Hi All,

How do I set the initial amount of threads to show in each forum on a global level ?

If I want forums to shows the last 100 days, always, is there a way to do that ?

Also ...this is really nit picky...but when ever you receive or send a PM there is a little popu that says "would you like a receipt" ...the options are Yes & Cancel ...how would I change Cancel to read 'No' ??

Cheers for your help!!
    paul

Originally posted by vfxtalk
    How do I set the initial amount of threads to show in each forum on a global level ?

If I want forums to shows the last 100 days, always, is there a way to do that ?
    See this thread.

Originally posted by vfxtalk
    Also ...this is really nit picky...but when ever you receive or send a PM there is a little popu that says "would you like a receipt" ...the options are Yes & Cancel ...how would I change Cancel to read 'No' ??
    I don't think that is possible. The Cancel option is just the way those javascript windows work.

Comment

Jake, I keep tellling you guys that you CAN change the button tags. Sheesh guys, read up a little...

Comment

Originally posted by Dennis Olson
        Jake, I keep tellling you guys that you CAN change the button tags. Sheesh guys, read up a little...
        You can? Got a link?

Comment

No, but I have a HUGE Java book. I'll see what I can dig up. These days, I'm using VB (gag) for coding, rather than Java. But I do know that you can change it, even create "custom" message boxes labelled as you want them.

Comment

Visual Basic? I took a VB class once. It's good for making user interfaces.

Comment

And bad for everything else. Trouble is, I have to develop some new functionality for my division (gov't agency), and they use MS Access for what they want done. So I get the dubious "pleasure" of designing in it.... Bleeaaahhhh....

Comment

Hey Jake,

Thanks a bunch ...but when i try to execute an SQL query (even though I am the admin) I get this message: You are not authorized to execute SQL queries

Why is that ? How do i give myself permission ?

Cheers again

Paul

Comment

Dennis,

If you could do it...it would be cool ...sure its just an option that you pass to the message box to tell it what combination of buttons to display ?

Cheers mate
                  Paul

Comment

No, it's a coding issue. You have to actually tell Java what you want in the box for button labels. As to the SQL thing, you have to edit your CONFIG.PHP file on the server to allow yourself to "execute SQL queries". Note that the required entry is your NUMERIC USER ID, not your username.

Comment

Originally posted by Dennis Olson
                      No, it's a coding issue. You have to actually tell Java what you want in the box for button labels. As to the SQL thing, you have to edit your CONFIG.PHP file on the server to allow yourself to "execute SQL queries". Note that the required entry is your NUMERIC USER ID, not your username.

Fair enough

As for the SQL thing, where is the config.php file usually found ? and how do i find out my NUMERIC USER ID ?

Sorry for the dumb questions, but im not tech at all when it comes to this stuff

cheers again

paul

Comment

To see your numeric userID, pull up your own profile in the Admin CP. Your userID will be shown next to your name.

Config.php lives on the server, in either your base vB directory, or in admin or includes directory. (Exactly where escapes me right now, but that's the general area to look in, and you have the exact filename - heh....)

Comment

In my post I specified the code you need to edit:

Originally posted by Jake Bunce
                          Make sure your userid is entered into your includes/config.php file so you have permission to run queries:

// ****** USERS WITH QUERY RUNNING PERMISSIONS ******
                          // The users specified here will be allowed to run queries from the control panel.
                          // See the above entries for more information on the format.
                          // Please note that the ability to run queries is quite powerful. You may wish
                          // to remove all user IDs from this list for security reasons.
                          $canrunqueries = '';

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                          Working...
                          X