Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did you guys on the vB team see my added datestamp for the original post?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dennis Olson
    replied
    That'd work!

Leave a comment:

• Floris
    replied
    I rather see this implemented as title="" text for the hover text preview

Thread Started: date @ time / Preview: .....$characters

Leave a comment:

• Dennis Olson
    replied
    When I had prefixed it with "Original posted:", it looked really cluttered. So I ultimately removed the extra text. I may well implement the "time" class, but the problem is one of color balance. The current time class color is black. When the data is in black, it is WAY too "loud", and overpowers the rest of the title information. I had to find a color "soft" enough to not do that, but one that would stand out enough to be readable. I must have gone through 40 colors before settling on that one.

If you guys ever implement this, you might consider a separate class for that text, so folks can adjust ONLY that text color to suit their tastes.

Leave a comment:

• Floris
    replied
    It looks nice, you could use the <span class="time"> .. </span> to set an already existing alternative color to text.

The date/time stamp is unclear to me as a new guest what it does there. is that the date and time of the first post, the date the user registered or the last post or last visit? .. maybe prefix it?

Leave a comment:

• Dennis Olson
    replied
    http://66.133.153.43

Leave a comment:

• Floris
    replied
    The URL doesn't load here. DNS error.

Leave a comment:

• Dennis Olson
    replied
    I fixed it so it's much better. Take a peek.

www.timebomb2000.com

Leave a comment:

• Andy
    replied
    At one pointed I added that too, but removed it because it looks very cluttered.

Leave a comment:

• Dennis Olson
    replied
    The real pain was finding a color for the text that wasn't too "loud", but still allowed users to see the text. I must've tried 20 different colors before settling on the green. I do think it'd be a great OPTION for a future release of vB. (Hey, maybe I could get "comment credit" (heh)).

Leave a comment:

• Jake Bunce
    replied
    I remember when you were asking about that. It appears you got it working. Looks good.

Leave a comment:

• Did you guys on the vB team see my added datestamp for the original post?

Awhile back, I'd asked for information on how to add the date/timestamp of the original post to the threads index page. I was wondering if you saw what I'd done based on your information...? Might be a nice addition to a later release.
Working...
X