Inserting an image into the top of a forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inserting an image into the top of a forum

The two images below show what i am describing here.

The NOW.jpg image is my forum as it is at the moment. I have a link to another forum which links to a homemade page (WANT.jpg)www.minimotoclub.co.uk/vb/MiniMotoMap.php

This works fine except the newbies don't realise it's there and all the usual, seen it before questions appear.

So, what i would like to know is it possible to place the image in WANT.jpg where the forum link is at the moment, thereby removing the forum link and having the image above the threads? I know i could place it below the navbar code, but this would show on every page. I only want this image shown in this one forum.

How do i go about this?

Many thanks.
    Attached Files
    For all your minimoto needs : www.minimotoclub.com

Anyone?

Comment

Please wait at least 12 hours before bumping your posts. The only way to do this is either with template conditionals, or by making a separate style and forcing that forum to use that style (and override the user's preference.)

Here is the online documentation for using template conditionals:
      http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/m...e_conditionals
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Sorry Steve - didn't realise about the 12hr bump

Cheers for the conditional link

Comment

I now have :

Code:
          <if condition="$forumid == 13"> CODE FOR IMAGEMAP </if>
          In my navbar template - works great - where the forum i want the image in is 13.

However.

In my search.php - new posts - when i click new posts, and there are threads from my forumid 13 forum - the image shows in the search page?! Even though this doesn't have the forumid = 13?

Or does the fact the threads from forumid = 13 are there in the new posts page count as making the conditional true?

Is there any way to stop this?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X