• Show
Clear All

• rjcarr
    replied
    Works perfect. Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    I think if you use the 'Create Usergroup Based off of Usergroup' option and use a Banned group, this will do what you want. Then adjust the main usergroup setting accordingly, of course.

Leave a comment:

• rjcarr
    replied
    Another issue. Let's say I have 20 forums, 1 each for 20 different customers. I also add 20 usergroups, 1 for each company. Then I simply add users to the appropriate usergroups. But when I add a new usergroup (number 21) down the road, I do not want to have to revisit the security settings for the other 20 forums.

It appears that whenever I add a new usergroup they automatically get access to other forums, even those I previous specified "Deny All" too.

How do I set this up so I can flag a forum as Deny All for all new usergroups?

Leave a comment:

• rjcarr
    replied
    I think I got it. Do I basically Deny All for the specific forum, and then add back privs for a specific user or usergroup?

Leave a comment:

• rjcarr
    started a topic Hiding Forums based on security

Hiding Forums based on security

I want to use my forum for customer issues, but I don't want them to see other customer's forums. For example, one of my customers (IBM) doesn't want anyone else looking in their forum, mainly because there will be sensitive materials and discussions. In fact, they don't even want a forum with IBM even listed, unless the user with correct rights is viewing it.

How do I configure my forum so that only certain users/user groups can see one forum, but not others?

Thanks!
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X